You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime screen icons

How can I temporarily hide the row of icons in the bottom left-hand corner of the FaceTime screen on iPad

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 3, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 1:42 PM

Thank you. Now that you mention it, I do recall having to just tap the screen to hide/unhide the menu items (sometime last year.) Is this documented anywhere - perhaps in a user guide? My iPad version of FaceTime doesn't seem to have any menu of detailed setting options, nor a HELP. I never did find anything on how to hide the icons. Maybe it was deemed to be too obvious to have to say so in a guide or screen tip!? Thanks again.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2021 1:42 PM in response to Matthew.S81

Thank you. Now that you mention it, I do recall having to just tap the screen to hide/unhide the menu items (sometime last year.) Is this documented anywhere - perhaps in a user guide? My iPad version of FaceTime doesn't seem to have any menu of detailed setting options, nor a HELP. I never did find anything on how to hide the icons. Maybe it was deemed to be too obvious to have to say so in a guide or screen tip!? Thanks again.

May 4, 2021 1:05 PM in response to MurPhil

Hey there MurPhil,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. 

It sounds like you want to hide the menu options while on a FaceTime call. We can provide guidance.

If you tap on your screen, the menu should go away. There isn't a way to completely hide it or turn it off as it provides other options while on a FaceTime call.

Have a great day!

FaceTime screen icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.