You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi button wont turn on iPhone 8

Has anybody experienced this on the iPhone 8. The toggle button will not allow me to turn on or off on the Wi-Fi

Posted on May 4, 2021 10:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 10:30 AM

Refer to this link for support: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

7 replies

May 9, 2021 8:01 PM in response to kimnet

Hi I am facing this issue as well after the updating to recent OS version 14.5

I also came across similar incident by another user and when she took to the apple store, they simply pointed to hardware fault and recommended to buy new iPhone or use it without wifi. The charges for repair were exorbitantly high that you will have no choice but to upgrade to new phone or use your data plan.

Primarily this issue is caused once you upgrade to the latest version of the OS. I'm taking to this apple store and let's see what they share this time around.

May 9, 2021 9:19 PM in response to kimnet

If we are forced to upgrade then it does not reflect good on Apple brand. Ideally they should fix the software to support apple users who are still using old phones. I would not call iPhone 8 very old as it can still run latest IOS 14.5 updates.

Apple should notify users if due to software upgrade some functions in Iphone 8 will be impacted then atleast you can decide to upgrade to latest OS version or not.

I'm trying to see if I can update to latest OS version of 14.5.1 through my PC and if the issue gets resolved.

May 10, 2021 12:49 AM in response to Tarunt

I visited Apple store for my genius bar appointment to discuss this issue an hour back and even they were not able to solve this issue. They tried to reset network settings - no changes.

Finally we agreed to reset to factory settings and problem still persists. They were just pointing to to wifi module issue.

I challenged them that how can this issue happen only after recent SW updates. My last back was done on icloud on 8th May at night after 10 pm and issue started from 9th May onwards.

Similar issue happen with my another phone in April and it can't be coincidence that wifi module is just spoiled.

They have agreed to escalate this to their engineering team to investigate this issue and see if anything can be done. I'm waiting to get update in next 2 to 3 business days.

Wifi button wont turn on iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.