You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ has no sound

After updating my ATV 4K 2017 to tvOS 14.5 I have no sound in the ATV+ app. All other apps works fine and in the menus I have sound but not while watching something. The ATV is connected to receiver and no settings have been changed apart from troubleshooting.

However, playing sound through my AirPods works fine. If I play using airplay, the sound also disappears. Has there been an update to the sound format of the output I’m unaware of inside the app? Switching languages does not help either.

Posted on May 4, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 1:08 PM

For the love of… My bad, I seemingly have changed the surround program on the receiver that somehow stopped the atmos format from playing from the app. Putting it in straight mode (Yamaha receiver) worked wonders. I’ll go put myself in the corner for a while. :-)

2 replies

Apple TV+ has no sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.