You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod - Can't find anything on Apple Music

I've had a HomePod for a few years now. All of a sudden it has stopped letting me access Apple Music. My subscription is fine, working on my Mac and iPhone.

When I ask it to play something its says "I didn't find XXXXXX on Apple Music" but if I ask it to simply "Play some Music", it works. Seems to only play music I have synced from my iTunes (and not from Apple Music).

Tried a factory reset, adding and re-adding to the Home App, rebooting my router, signing out and back into Apple Music, removing the HomePod from my iCloud account, nothing works, any ideas?

Posted on May 4, 2021 1:23 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2021 11:20 AM in response to David Jackson12

Hi David Jackson12,

It sounds like Siri through Apple Music won't play specific song, album or artist requests. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

If you haven't already, let's make sure your HomePod is up-to-date. Updates resolve issues both big and small. Here's how to Update HomePod. This link will guide you through how to update your HomePod.

If the issue remains, then let's find out if Siri can play the content on your iPhone or another device through a request. Try to pick content that isn't already downloaded to your device for a more direct testing scenario. You mentioned that your subscription is working fine on those devices but in this test, we want to find out if Siri can play these specific Apple Music requests on other devices.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

HomePod - Can't find anything on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.