You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music "Go to current song" issue - Catalina to Big Sur still persists

Reposting this from an older thread that was closed from Flyingsilo last year.

"I'm encountering an issue while trying to use the "Go to current song" function. In music, I'm displaying my library in "Song" mode and playing a song. When I right click on the song in the menu bar area and select "Go to current song", it changes the display to album mode, as if I had performed the "Show album in library" function. In Mojave, "Go to current song" would have maintained the "Song" view mode."

Had the same problem in catalina, problem still persists in Big sur, just updated everything to the latest, hoping this issue would be fixed. It makes it impossible to find in the [Library] - [Songs] section where all of the local music is housed.

Now when i hit CMD + L instead of just locating and centering the view in the current playlist, it switches to this album view which you cant adjust any of the view settings, since the "view options" tab is greyed out in the view options menu as pictured.

I click on the 3 dots on the right, im given the option "show album in library" and then it just reloads this page again.

Please help, this is driving me insane as I try to re-organize my library but keep losing my place in the main song section of my library

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 4, 2021 4:27 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 5, 2021 12:41 PM in response to Eric Almazan

Hello Eric Almazan,

We can see that you're working on re-organizing your library but when displaying a song, selecting "Go to current song" and getting the album cover.

From what you've shown us, it still looks like you're in the Songs Library. Using this guide might help you with your search: Search for music in Music on Mac We're offering this to help with the current options available.

As a suggestion, it might be great to offer feedback or suggestions for this feature: Product Feedback - Apple

Cheers!

Music "Go to current song" issue - Catalina to Big Sur still persists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.