You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect a cd drive to my iPad Pro 2020model?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 4, 2021 5:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 5:52 PM

No. iOS/iPadOS does not support connection of optical media drives. As such, direct access to optical media (CD, DVD, BD) is not possible.

You’ll need to access this material using another computer, such as PC or Mac, that support optical media.

2 replies

May 5, 2021 12:37 PM in response to Joeypez

No.

No iOS/iPadOS devices could ever use a CD/DVD/Blu-ray optical drive.

For starters, the power requirements are too great and second there have never been any such software drivers for such devices, ever coded into the iOS/iPadOS system software.

Even hard drive support is still limited on iOS/iPadOS devices. The hard drive need to be formatted with only a single partition with certain format protocols and, in some instances, like “old school” mechanical spinning hard drives, need external power and the use of a iOS/iPadOS compatible USB-C hub to use such mechanical spinning hard drives.

So, no, no use of spinning optical drives on ANY iOS/iPadOS devices.

You need to search the Internet to explore other ways to get CD/DVD content onto your iPad.

Sorry.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.