You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

re-establishing Safari on my SE iphone

I don't see "restrictions" on Settings > General. I do see Safari on Settings with several options to it.

Safari just cut out on me in the last hours, when I happened to turn my phone on. One other app is gone from the bottom line on my iphone screen. I forget what it is.

Are there problems with AT&T right now?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 4, 2021 11:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 5:26 PM

Greetings e4Do7Y-2Ha!

Looks like you are having some trouble with locating Safari on your iPhone. We want to help! If you have no restrictions enabled then try searching for the app on your device with these steps: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can also try resetting the home screen layout in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout. However that will reset all apps to their default positions, so you may need to do some reorganizing afterwards.

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 5, 2021 5:26 PM in response to e4Do7Y-2Ha

Greetings e4Do7Y-2Ha!

Looks like you are having some trouble with locating Safari on your iPhone. We want to help! If you have no restrictions enabled then try searching for the app on your device with these steps: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can also try resetting the home screen layout in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout. However that will reset all apps to their default positions, so you may need to do some reorganizing afterwards.

Take care!

May 6, 2021 2:08 PM in response to e4Do7Y-2Ha

e4Do7Y-2Ha,

Thanks for following up with us on this issue! Safari and the App Store are default apps and should be on the device regardless of which carrier it is used with. If you are missing both of them and the previous search article and home screen reset don't work, we recommend restoring the device to factory defaults next: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

You may want to backup the device before restoring as well: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Have a great rest of your day!

May 5, 2021 10:43 PM in response to sterling r

Thank you for your response.

I may have to establish a Google prime app or account to give myself a search line or use the Outlook app I have to initiate a search for Safari. Safari was given to me as part of the SE phone package two years ago. I’m also missing the Apple store app, I think, from the very bottom of my phone screen.

Do you know if Safari is given as part of an AT&T service for the phone? I’ve tried to call AT&T,

but their cell phone customer representative is unavailable.

Very strange.

re-establishing Safari on my SE iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.