You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP 4122 Printer Cannot Connect to MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) with Big Sur

Hello,

I've recently purchased an HP printer (4100 plus series) and while I can connect the printer to other, older Macs using the HP Smart app, it will not (after numerous attempts) connect to my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports). When I try to add it to Printers and Scanners, I receive the message (attached): unable to verify the printer on your network. I haven't had this issue with any other Mac. Any ideas would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 5, 2021 2:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 6:39 AM

Hi,

The HP DeskJet Plus 4122 All-in-One Printer is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that it can be used without drivers (as an AirPrint printer) when connected to a network.

If necessary, try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Are you using a Wi-Fi router? Printer and computer connected to the same network? If so, you may want to try the following procedure: Power off the router, the printer, the computer (and all other devices/computers). Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Finally, power on the computer (and all other devices/computers).

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 5, 2021 6:39 AM in response to SteveFirenze

Hi,

The HP DeskJet Plus 4122 All-in-One Printer is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that it can be used without drivers (as an AirPrint printer) when connected to a network.

If necessary, try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Are you using a Wi-Fi router? Printer and computer connected to the same network? If so, you may want to try the following procedure: Power off the router, the printer, the computer (and all other devices/computers). Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Finally, power on the computer (and all other devices/computers).

HP 4122 Printer Cannot Connect to MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) with Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.