You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV disconnecting from wifi

We just upgraded our home Internet from cable (about 150 mbps download speeds and 7 mbps upload speeds) to a fiber company. Our new speeds are very fast, about 400 mbps download speeds and 100 mbps upload speeds based on both the SpeedTest app on my iPhone 12 Pro and my Google Home app on my iPhone 12 Pro (we use a Google Mesh wifi). Everything in our home (two M1 MacBook Airs, 1 iPhone 11 Pro, 1 iPhone 12 Pro, iPad) is connecting very well, however, our Apple TV 4K (not the new one that just came out) is disconnecting from the Internet regularly. I am wondering if it's too close to our new fiber router. (See attached photo of that router.)

Any ideas why our Apple TV is not connecting well to the Internet? We use Fubo and Paramount + a lot of both of them are having issues connecting. We are getting the spinning gear a lot.

Posted on May 6, 2021 8:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 9:08 AM

Just a follow.-up on this. It's pretty certain now that the problem is with my ISP and not the Apple TV. I called my ISP support again this morning and other customers are experiencing the same. The hope to get it resolved later this week.

Similar questions

6 replies

May 7, 2021 11:00 AM in response to Ronniebel

I don't understand your question "What does Speedtest on the Apple TV give for numbers?"

There is also a Speedtest app in the tvOS App Store. It will measure what the Apple TV is capable of receiving and sending, at that time, in that specific location, on that device, instead of the capabilities of your router and ISP plan. This results will include any effects of your home network coverage, distance to the nodes, interference, etc.

Apple TV disconnecting from wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.