You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus pop up

So. I was on safari and I got a thing that said my iPhone had so many virus on it etc and if I didn’t get them off so and so would happen too my phone and I clicked okay and it made me download this app too i guess “wipe” the virus and I did. Is my phone compromised or is it gonna get messed up or something? I’m scared that something bads gonna happen too it

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 8, 2021 4:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 4:20 AM

Hello Alexis_guzman,

iPhone's being infected with virus is a rare case. Those kind of pop-ups you have got must be when you have accessed a particular website or connected to an untrusted Public Wi-FI Internet. . Please do not click on any of those things as they might mis-guide you and steal your personal data. If you have installed anything from there immediately uninstall/undo everything you did. And, I also warn you never to access untrusted/unknown sites anytime.

Thank you.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2021 4:20 AM in response to Alexis_guzman

Hello Alexis_guzman,

iPhone's being infected with virus is a rare case. Those kind of pop-ups you have got must be when you have accessed a particular website or connected to an untrusted Public Wi-FI Internet. . Please do not click on any of those things as they might mis-guide you and steal your personal data. If you have installed anything from there immediately uninstall/undo everything you did. And, I also warn you never to access untrusted/unknown sites anytime.

Thank you.

Virus pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.