You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loading 'buffer like wheel'

Hi all

Have always seen and wondered on my older iPad air when it's connected to wifi it has a a loading wheel in the top corner? I can't see what it's doing and it's always on but as soon as I take the wifi off it stops? No big deal its now cracked in a draw but I'm curious what was it loading

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on May 11, 2021 2:07 AM

3 replies

May 12, 2021 2:45 AM in response to LotusPilot

Hi thanks, I figured it had something to do with that but my iPhones or other iPads don’t do it? If it’s a simple network thing why is it always running and only on 1 device? It’s been doing it for years so the os build didn’t matter. I am currently using the ipad hence another account. But my iPads Iv had since don’t do it, my partners ipad is also the air and doesn’t do that.

May 12, 2021 2:56 AM in response to FendaNo2

It’s impossible to remotely troubleshoot the source. If a forced restart has not cleared the issue, full reset of iPad settings is the next logical step to resolve the issue:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

This reset will not delete any local data, however, ensuring that you have a current iCloud or iTunes backup is always recommended prior to conducting any kind of reset.

Loading 'buffer like wheel'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.