You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

At an Apple Store, can I trade my MacBook Air M1 2020 for an IPad Pro 2021 with keyboard

I plan to buy the iPad Pro 2021 with keyboard at an Apple Store. Will the Apple Store trade in my Mac Book Air M1 2020 for the new iPad Pro 2021 with keyboard ? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Posted on May 12, 2021 1:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 1:29 PM

Not directly. You get a gift card which you can then use towards a purchase.

Call a store before going there since many have limited services right now. It is probably best to just do this online.

To get more information about the "Apple Trade In" service click on the link --> https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

- Read the FAQ at the very bottom.

- Start a trade-in by clicking on a device in the section "Select your device to get a trade-in estimate" - Smartphone, Tablet, Computer, Watch, Other devices (recycle only)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2021 1:29 PM in response to Zoulou1965

Not directly. You get a gift card which you can then use towards a purchase.

Call a store before going there since many have limited services right now. It is probably best to just do this online.

To get more information about the "Apple Trade In" service click on the link --> https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

- Read the FAQ at the very bottom.

- Start a trade-in by clicking on a device in the section "Select your device to get a trade-in estimate" - Smartphone, Tablet, Computer, Watch, Other devices (recycle only)

May 12, 2021 1:36 PM in response to Zoulou1965

Not even indirectly. The M1 MacBook Air is not currently accepted for Trade In by Apple.

You can sell the MacBook Air, and use the money to buy the iPad Pro. You will likely get more for it that way, then what Apple would give you as Trade In if they were taking it for Trade In.

Do note, as powerful as the iPad Pro is, it is not a full fledged computer. It will not work like the MacBook Air does.

and unless you have a very specific reason to want the iPad Pro (screen or some specific app that is not available on the Mac), the MacBook Air will likely still be better for every day computer use than an iPad. The M1 MacBook Air, can even run some iPad Apps itself.

At an Apple Store, can I trade my MacBook Air M1 2020 for an IPad Pro 2021 with keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.