You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the sim-free in the Philippines?

Can I use the "sim-free" in the Philippines? If I ask someone from US to buy an iPhone there and have it shipped to me in the Philippines, can I use that it here?

Posted on May 14, 2021 9:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 9:23 AM

If you buy an unlocked phone directly from an Apple store or Apple.com it will work in the Philippines. If you buy it from any other Apple seller it will be locked to a carrier. So your buyer should buy only from Apple, no matter what lies other salespeople tell them.

Your problem, however, is that if it ever needs to be fixed it will have to be returned to the US, as neither the warranty nor out of warranty service can be performed outside of the country where the phone was sold.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2021 9:23 AM in response to jaydensor

If you buy an unlocked phone directly from an Apple store or Apple.com it will work in the Philippines. If you buy it from any other Apple seller it will be locked to a carrier. So your buyer should buy only from Apple, no matter what lies other salespeople tell them.

Your problem, however, is that if it ever needs to be fixed it will have to be returned to the US, as neither the warranty nor out of warranty service can be performed outside of the country where the phone was sold.

May 14, 2021 9:17 AM in response to jaydensor

If it is an unlocked phone you may be able to use it. It would depend on what bands are used in the Philippines. Check with the carriers in the Philippines and see what model of iPhone they support. Also, understand that the warranty for a US phone is only valid in the US. The only place to purchase an unlocked phone in the US is at an Apple Store as well.

Can I use the sim-free in the Philippines?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.