You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't recognize my iPhone 8

My issue is that I can not sync my iPhone 8 with iTunes (music) using my desktop.

I will try to give you all the information

My iMac desktop is a late 2012 27" running macOS Catalina

The iTunes (or Music it is now called) is version 1.0.6.10 and according to my auto update checking is the latest version

My iPhone 8 is running software version 14.4

When I connect this iPhone to my computer Music does not find the phone.

The only music that is on this iPhone 8 is music I have purchased from the apple store.

I also have an iPhone 7 running version 14.4.2 and I can connect this phone to my iMac and music finds this phone just fine and I can do a sync of the music.

Can anyone take a stab at why I can not sync this iPhone 8 to my Music app in my desktop?

Thank you

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 16, 2021 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2021 2:54 PM in response to SravanKrA

Use your USB lightening cable >. It's a brand new authentic apple cable

If unable to connect --> I have gone through all those steps previously and get a OxE800009A failure code when I hit "trust this device

For your Mac --> Same as above

Use genuine cable --> It is a brand new genuine cable

See how to --> I'm familiar with syncing my phone, my iPhone 7 sync's just fine

iTunes won't recognize my iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.