You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay not working after iOS 14.5.1 upgrade

Honda CRV CarPlay stopped working after iOS 14.5.1 upgrade on iPhone 11, 11Pro.

When I connect either of my phones via USB, car no longer recognises them and does not launch CarPlay. Only usb charging works.

Done already and did not help: restart phone, forget device and add back, enable/disable Siri, contact car manufacturer. Tried connecting iPhone XR which is still running iOS 14.5 and CarPlay works just fine, so I’m certain it’s nothing other than iOS 14.5.1 issue.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 16, 2021 1:22 PM

3 replies

May 17, 2021 10:48 AM in response to bekh224

Hello, bekh224.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that CarPlay in your vehicle no longer recognizes your iPhone after updating to iOS 14.5.1.

You've done some great troubleshooting steps so far. Here are a few more things you can try:

-Ensure CarPlay is not restricted on your iPhone by going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps.

-Rename your iPhone in Settings > General > About > Name.

- Test with a different Apple approved Lightning cable.

If the issue persists after those steps, reach out to Apple Support directly: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

May 21, 2021 8:28 AM in response to bbesspete

Hi,

I have Honda HRV 2020. It did the same thing with me even when I was on ios 14.5. I upgraded my iPhone (XS Max), hoping that the update will fix It but with no luck :(

I've tried everything:

1- Restored my Honda head unit to factory defaults.

2- Forgot my car from SIRI

3- Renamed my iPhone

4- Using different apple cables and non-apple cables

5- Checked if CarPlay is not restricted in the screen time

6- Force reset my iPhone

7- Tried my nephew iPhone 8 plus, it worked like a charm.

I've noticed something:

I renamed my iPhone to something else, but whenever I try to add it to CarPlay, the head unit saves my iPhone as "iPhone", not saving the new name!!!!

Any suggestions??

CarPlay not working after iOS 14.5.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.