You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After putting in the correct password on the login screen The progress bar freezes about 3/4 of the way through. I have tried turning off the computer several times but it continues to do the same thing.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 16, 2021 3:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 4:09 PM

CiaraGene Said:

"Log in screen freezing up: After putting in the correct password on the login screen The progress bar freezes about 3/4 of the way through. I have tried turning off the computer several times but it continues to do the same thing."

-------

See if your Hard drive is Failing:

What to Try:

1. Boot: into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [command + R] upon boot)
  2. Select: Disk Utility
  3. Select: the Drive
  4. Click: First Aid button
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2021 4:09 PM in response to CiaraGene

CiaraGene Said:

"Log in screen freezing up: After putting in the correct password on the login screen The progress bar freezes about 3/4 of the way through. I have tried turning off the computer several times but it continues to do the same thing."

-------

See if your Hard drive is Failing:

What to Try:

1. Boot: into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [command + R] upon boot)
  2. Select: Disk Utility
  3. Select: the Drive
  4. Click: First Aid button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.