You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs on same album have different release dates?

I purchased a full album on iTunes but when looking at them in my library, half of the songs on them have a completely different release dates. I tried highlighting the album and editing the year in "song info" but that didn't do anything. It's annoying when I try to sort songs by year and it splits up the album. Has anyone else had this problem?

Posted on May 18, 2021 9:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 10:24 AM

Some artists release their songs piecemeal, then release an album including those same songs. One of the artists I listen to has done this, and has also re-released deluxe versions of existing albums with the same name and some added songs or materials.

On the Music app on Mac (macOS 11 Big Sur), it is possible to change the dates using a Get Info on each song.

Whether this Get Info approach is an option or available or works on the Music app on Microsoft Windows, I do not know.

Log your feedback with the folks that work for Apple, of course: Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 18, 2021 10:24 AM in response to Holly92

Some artists release their songs piecemeal, then release an album including those same songs. One of the artists I listen to has done this, and has also re-released deluxe versions of existing albums with the same name and some added songs or materials.

On the Music app on Mac (macOS 11 Big Sur), it is possible to change the dates using a Get Info on each song.

Whether this Get Info approach is an option or available or works on the Music app on Microsoft Windows, I do not know.

Log your feedback with the folks that work for Apple, of course: Product Feedback - Apple

Songs on same album have different release dates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.