You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t see the name of my connected bluetooth device under the bluetooth icon

I can’t see the name of my connected bluetooth device under the bluetooth icon. It only shows that bluetooth is on. I can see them only in the settings. Earlier I could see the name under the bluetooth logo (Mi band or JBL)

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 18, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 1:25 PM

Hi Marcel_gorecki,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities. Here to help!

We understand you noticed a change behavior within Control Center, that the name of the connected device no longer appears under the Bluetooth icon.

After testing on some devices available to us, we are seeing the same issue on our devices. This does seem to be expected behavior in the latest update. You should still be able to firm press here to quickly disconnect or connect Bluetooth devices. You certainly can submit feedback to Apple about this design change.

Product Feedback

Hope this helps! Take care for now.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 19, 2021 1:25 PM in response to Marcel_gorecki

Hi Marcel_gorecki,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities. Here to help!

We understand you noticed a change behavior within Control Center, that the name of the connected device no longer appears under the Bluetooth icon.

After testing on some devices available to us, we are seeing the same issue on our devices. This does seem to be expected behavior in the latest update. You should still be able to firm press here to quickly disconnect or connect Bluetooth devices. You certainly can submit feedback to Apple about this design change.

Product Feedback

Hope this helps! Take care for now.

I can’t see the name of my connected bluetooth device under the bluetooth icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.