You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 iMac slow when I upgrade to Big Sur for GarageBand

I have recently wiped my drive and downgraded to Catalina because my computer was starting to get slow. When I turn on the computer and click Safari, It can take almost 5 minutes to open. My computer had around 600 GB used out of its 1 TB. When I downgraded using internet recovery, (great feature by the way) my experience was way smoother and faster. The reason why I upgraded in the first place is because I wanted to install GarageBand for use with a MIDI Keyboard I got recently. But when you go in the App Store, It says the following, "GarageBand can't be installed on "Macintosh HD" because macOS version 11 or later is required." Apple, if you are reading this, may you please add a page on your site to download older versions of GarageBand like 10.3.5.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 19, 2021 6:42 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

May 19, 2021 6:47 PM in response to LucaskTech

Apple, if you are reading this, may you please add a page on your site to download older versions of GarageBand like 10.3.5.

Welcome!

Apple does not see items like this in the hundreds of thousands of posts here each day. IT is estaimate dhtat there mroe than 3 million users here. Those who respond are other end users like you.

However you can communicate this to an Apple employee using this feedback link, and I encourage you to take advantage of it:

Feedback - macOS - Apple

Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 iMac slow when I upgrade to Big Sur for GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.