You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot app not working

Whenever I use the usual shortcuts to create a screenshot, now Preview opens up which is annoying and it opens every screenshot I've ever made. Until just recently, when I created a screenshot, it automatically went to my desktop. I don't know what has happened to change this. I've been googling and haven't found one solution that works for me. I'm working on a MacBook Pro OS Mojave 10.14.6. I'd so appreciate help with this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 21, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 1:08 PM

cbieder143 wrote:

Whenever I use the usual shortcuts to create a screenshot, now Preview opens up which is annoying and it opens every screenshot I've ever made. Until just recently, when I created a screenshot, it automatically went to my desktop. I don't know what has happened to change this. I've been googling and haven't found one solution that works for me. I'm working on a MacBook Pro OS Mojave 10.14.6. I'd so appreciate help with this.

Reference— see options

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2021 1:08 PM in response to cbieder143

cbieder143 wrote:

Reference— see options

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support

Screenshot app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.