You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Support for Mac

Is there a specific time frame that Macs are supported? I want to purchase my first ever Mac but I know nothing about how long they are supported with updates.

Posted on May 21, 2021 1:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 8:41 PM

Macs come with a one year warranty. AppleCare extends it to three years.

MacOS updates is dependent on the kind of Mac you purchase. However, expect at LEAST 5 years of MacOS updates, with many Macs being supported even longer.

4 replies

May 21, 2021 1:54 PM in response to Ashley_J92

Ashley_J92 Said:

"Support for Mac: Is there a specific time frame that Macs are supported? I want to purchase my first ever Mac but I know nothing about how long they are supported with updates."

-------

Apple Makes its Own Rules:

Apple is pretty proprietary. So, when it comes to whether or not something will work with a newer MacOS version in the future, it all comes down to compatibility, and keeping up to date. So, keep that in mind when you purchase a new Mac. My 2010 17" MBP only went to High Sierra. So, I could no longer get security updates.

Support for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.