You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad given by my wife to her by her sister - unable to access.

My wife gave her sister her iPad 1. She is 'locked out' and in trying to help her I received a message to check the former owner's devices listed on her Apple ID.

We've checked my wife's ID info and there are only two devices registered both of which are the current ones she uses. My wife has been the only owner of that iPad 1 before upgrading to a newer model.

How can I try to get access for my sister-in-law so that she can start using this older iPad? I've looked online but can't seem to find the info needed so seeking help from the Apple Community.

Hoping for some expert advice.

Thanks

Garry

Posted on May 22, 2021 7:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 7:37 PM

Click or tap on the following blue-text link: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The current owner will need to clear the ownership as described there, and the current or new owner then to erase and re-set it and reload. The current owner can reset via iCloud remotely. The new owner locally, via a Mac or Windows computer if needed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 22, 2021 7:37 PM in response to garryco

Click or tap on the following blue-text link: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The current owner will need to clear the ownership as described there, and the current or new owner then to erase and re-set it and reload. The current owner can reset via iCloud remotely. The new owner locally, via a Mac or Windows computer if needed.

iPad given by my wife to her by her sister - unable to access.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.