You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Canon Vixia HF R700 camcorder to Mac Mini M1 and Imovie

First, I need to know how to connect the Canon Vixia HF R700 Camcorder to the Mac Mini M1.

Secondly, I would like to record video via iMovie with the same camera.

iMovie shows that the Canon Vixia HF R700 is supported.

I have a logitec webcam which facetime recognizes.

iMovie does not recognize any camera.

Thank you in advance for any help. I apologize if this subject has been covered before. I did a search but could not find relevant information.

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 23, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 2:09 AM

iMovie and Final Cut Pro will not recognise any webcams other than what may be built into a Mac computer and the M1 mini does not have one.

Does your camera shoot onto SD cards?

If so, the normal procedure is to put the SD card into the slot on the computer.

I believe the M1 has no such slot so you will need a cheap plug in card reader.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2021 2:09 AM in response to aztecmayanart

iMovie and Final Cut Pro will not recognise any webcams other than what may be built into a Mac computer and the M1 mini does not have one.

Does your camera shoot onto SD cards?

If so, the normal procedure is to put the SD card into the slot on the computer.

I believe the M1 has no such slot so you will need a cheap plug in card reader.

Connect Canon Vixia HF R700 camcorder to Mac Mini M1 and Imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.