You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled iphone

how do I i’m disable my iPhone if it’s not connected to anything/I can’t connect it to iTunes?

Posted on May 23, 2021 10:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 10:30 PM

The article should show you exactly what you need to do if you scroll down a bit. This is what I see from that page.

Remove the passcode on iPhone X or later, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus

1. Make sure that your iPhone isn't connected to your computer.
  2. Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. If you backed up your iPhone, after you remove the passcode, restore your data and settings.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2021 10:30 PM in response to Emilyy236

The article should show you exactly what you need to do if you scroll down a bit. This is what I see from that page.

Remove the passcode on iPhone X or later, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus

1. Make sure that your iPhone isn't connected to your computer.
  2. Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. If you backed up your iPhone, after you remove the passcode, restore your data and settings.

May 23, 2021 10:25 PM in response to Emilyy236

Do all of the hardware buttons on your phone work?

Specifically, if your phone has a home button, did it work before the phone was disabled?

You need to follow the directions to put the phone in recovery mode as shown in the article. It might take a few tries to get it to work.

Make sure you follow the directions for your model of phone.

~Lyssa

Disabled iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.