You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding existing icloud mail to new iphone but get this message" Could not sign in...

Adding existing icloud email to new iphone but get this message" Could not sign in...This icloud account has already been added to your phone" . However, the app acts like i need to set it up. how do i get past this?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 24, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 11:57 AM

Yes, I totally agree with you, why was I getting this message to begin with. However, after even more tooling around the systems department I found that the mail app was not turned on to access the iCloud. Once I set the switch, lo and behold, my email account was already set up (as expected) and mail was streamed in! Who knew? Well of course, someone knew and took for granite everyone has the default setting to on!

Perhaps this small condition should be included with set up so others are aware to ensure the iCloud switch is set to on. I did so much tooling around the phone and on the web and now on this community board and found nothing of use.

Bottom line: Problem solved!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2021 11:57 AM in response to LD150

Yes, I totally agree with you, why was I getting this message to begin with. However, after even more tooling around the systems department I found that the mail app was not turned on to access the iCloud. Once I set the switch, lo and behold, my email account was already set up (as expected) and mail was streamed in! Who knew? Well of course, someone knew and took for granite everyone has the default setting to on!

Perhaps this small condition should be included with set up so others are aware to ensure the iCloud switch is set to on. I did so much tooling around the phone and on the web and now on this community board and found nothing of use.

Bottom line: Problem solved!

Adding existing icloud mail to new iphone but get this message" Could not sign in...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.