You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPassword not compatible with iOS 14.5

After updating to Apple IOS 14.5 when trying to open the app I get a message that says,

"iPassword needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of IOS."

We are unable to contact the developer. The program worked great until it suddenly became unavailable after my phone updated to version 14.5."

years of passwords are now stuck literally and there are thousands of users like me who are stuck..

this is really bad, neither App Developer nor Apple, gave a prior notice of such a disaster..

Apple support team- kindly help me to recover the app so that I can take out my passwords…. I would look forward for a responsible team to help their customer from such huge disaster…

Kallol C.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 24, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 3:28 AM

In this situation, Apple could help their customers by being a little more flexible and enabling them to downgrade to previous release to enable them to copy their passwords from the app and then upgrade back to IOS 14.5

11 replies

Jun 22, 2021 4:01 PM in response to kallol01

Before 'upgrading' iOS in a way that makes apps unable to work, there should be a list presented of apps that will no longer work. This was done when Apple forced 32 bit apps off. At that time my previous password manager was one of those and I installed iPassword and transferred all the data. This time no warning and 10 years of data is lost.

This is also not the only app I have lost in this 'upgrade'.

If apple don't allow downgrade, is there an option to run with this specific test disabled or a compatibility mode?

Jun 22, 2021 6:03 PM in response to David Horton

Do you expect apple to publish a list of the millions of apps in their store and ones that won’t be compatible? How would they know ? They don’t make the app so they don’t know about compatibly. The 32 bit was a blanket alert for the programming language of the app itself. Your logic is still flawed. It’s up to the developers to keep their stuff up to date. It’s no one else’s responsibility.

Jun 22, 2021 6:57 PM in response to nny1001

I agree that it’s responsibility of developer to keep it up to date, but it’s also responsibility of apple to keep an eye on AppStore since it’s owned by them..

now consider an example where app is violating AppStore terms or breaching data privacy. In that case, won’t apple ban the app? If yes then it means they have a check to catch such issues similarly there should be a check to give alerts on the apps which are old and would stop working in an upgrade..

like I said, AppStore is owned by Apple and not by developer.. so anything which creates issues within AppStore, should be dealt gracefully…

Jun 28, 2021 4:56 PM in response to nny1001

Apple needs to do something . Or be able to downgrade the ios per phone and them upgrade. Is it possible to delete your phone and then download older version to your phone. Apple is way to smart for this. And I don’t expect indifference and a pass-off on what they are willing to do . We are a king what they are Able to do for loyal customers .

iPassword not compatible with iOS 14.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.