You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to my old photos in iCloud? Why have they disappeared if I didn't delete them?

Looking for old photos in my iCloud account and the oldest photos have disappeared. Did iCloud delete them? How do I get them back?

Posted on May 24, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 8:47 PM

hillary252 Said:

"Yes, I have. These are not photos I deleted they’re just old."

-------

Consumption of Data:

As you use up space, older items are deleted, and then new items take their place. So, if your storage is full, then that is why they are gone - they were revoked to make way for news items. So, this is a pure example as to why to make a backup of your libraries and devices.

What to Consider:

Restore from a Backup:

Have a recent backup that has these photos (or other items they may be) on it? If so, restore your iPhone from a backup that contains these messages, and you could recover them that way.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2021 8:47 PM in response to hillary252

hillary252 Said:

"Yes, I have. These are not photos I deleted they’re just old."

-------

Consumption of Data:

As you use up space, older items are deleted, and then new items take their place. So, if your storage is full, then that is why they are gone - they were revoked to make way for news items. So, this is a pure example as to why to make a backup of your libraries and devices.

What to Consider:

Restore from a Backup:

Have a recent backup that has these photos (or other items they may be) on it? If so, restore your iPhone from a backup that contains these messages, and you could recover them that way.

What happened to my old photos in iCloud? Why have they disappeared if I didn't delete them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.