You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i find a list of artists i like not just the list of artists on my phone

Maybe this is an old fashioned viewpoint on music but I want access to a list of Artists I like NOT just a list of artists I have downloaded or have linked to my library. I cant find a way of seeing everyone I like or adding a band or artist without adding them to a library or downloading a track.

Before the days of Apple Music I spent months/years copying all my CD's to my iTunes collection, making sure all the artwork was correct etc only for an update to completely mess my library up!

Sometimes I want to go back to an artist/track that I listened to years ago but cant remember the name, it just seems bizarre there's no function just to like a band without having download a track or add it to a library.

Posted on May 25, 2021 3:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 11:51 AM

You can make this suggestion to Apple using this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

3 replies

May 25, 2021 11:28 AM in response to javaliga

Thank you, yes I appreciate that. It was more a question about creating a list of all the artists you like and having access to those artists whenever you like. At the moment in Apple Music the only artists you have on your phone are the one's where you've download or added an album or song by that artist to your device.

Apple Music gives you access to nearly all the worlds artists but it relies on you remembering everything you've ever liked, its easy to forget a song you liked by an obscure rock band 10 years ago! If you could add an artist without adding their music to a favourite artist list I think that would improve it 100%.

How do i find a list of artists i like not just the list of artists on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.