You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I GET RID OF TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION POPUP? OS 10.15.7

I do NOT want two-factor authentication on my computer, ipad, or iphone!!!!! I have gone to my Apple ID page, and under "Password & Security" have turned this OFF. However, I still get the popup that blocks the top right of my screen, and can't get rid of it!!

One person suggested signing out, but when I tried to do this, I got message that I'd lose my icloud photos (and I have too many to download). HELP!!!

Posted on May 26, 2021 7:54 AM

4 replies

May 26, 2021 12:27 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your reply! With this in mind, I've re-re-read the message again...it says "photos and videos that have not been fully downloaded will be removed from this Mac." I guess that means everything fully downloaded, which is about everything, will still be on my Mac. Now I will try signing off, as it does say the items will be available "on other devices using iCloud" -- which is what you are saying -- that once I sign in again, I should be able to access them again on this Mac.

Thank you for helping me think!

(now all I need to do is master the iphone my son sent me!)

May 26, 2021 1:28 PM in response to Eric Root

I signed out and signed back on and, you're right, my photos immediately reappeared! The 2-Factor popup window was still present, though, so I restarted the computer. Alas, the dastardly popup still squats smugly in the corner of my screen. Very annoying, as I can't even move it...it blocks the corner of my screen and windows, and is right in my way (which is probably how Apple planned it). Harrumph.

Thanks for trying...and I am, in any event, glad I can log out of my Apple ID without wiping out years of memories!

HOW DO I GET RID OF TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION POPUP? OS 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.