You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export Pages document to Pages

Having upgraded to OS 11.4, I cannot Export Pages doc to Pages 09

Posted on May 28, 2021 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 10:21 AM

The icon will assume the installed Pages icon treatment until it is on a Mac with Pages '09 installed, wherein the operating system knows to assign the inkwell icon to the appropriate application's document.

4 replies

May 28, 2021 12:17 PM in response to Gabor47

It might depend if the content in your Pages v11 document uses features that are not supported in Pages '09 v4.3 and Pages gave up on the export. Haven't personally encountered that, but not impossible either.

I just created a new Pages v11 document on macOS 11.4 and exported it as Pages 09 format to iCloud Drive. On Mojave, I opened that same document from iCloud Drive in Pages '09 v4.3 without an issue.

May 29, 2021 10:19 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for this.

I tried it again and this time, on two different docs, it worked as expected. Perhaps I was thrown by the fact that since the Big Sur update, the ikon of the Pages 09 version of the document no longer displays the 'inkwell' ikon associated with Pages 09 until it arrives on my older iMac [using OS 10.12.6]

How to export Pages document to Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.