You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move just some content from my iMac to new Macbook air?

How do I move just some content from my iMac to new Macbook air? I don't want everything that's on my iMac to transfer.

Posted on May 28, 2021 4:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 7:35 AM

"JaneWD J Said:

"How do I move just some content from my iMac to new Macbook air?: I think Migration Assistant moves everything. I will continue to use my iMac as my main computer. I want to use the new Macbook Air for work, etc. when I travel. I need to move passwords, Photoshop and InDesign—things like that."

-------

Transfer it Afterwards:

Migration Assistant lets you transfer many things. So, transfer the applications or desired files afterwards -- that seems the way to go from here. If you need more room, then rid of unneeded items like Movies and TV Shows, which take up GBs of data.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2021 7:35 AM in response to JaneWD

"JaneWD J Said:

"How do I move just some content from my iMac to new Macbook air?: I think Migration Assistant moves everything. I will continue to use my iMac as my main computer. I want to use the new Macbook Air for work, etc. when I travel. I need to move passwords, Photoshop and InDesign—things like that."

-------

Transfer it Afterwards:

Migration Assistant lets you transfer many things. So, transfer the applications or desired files afterwards -- that seems the way to go from here. If you need more room, then rid of unneeded items like Movies and TV Shows, which take up GBs of data.

How do I move just some content from my iMac to new Macbook air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.