You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Trade In - I bought a new Mac and want to trade in my old one, but the store said I had to it online. Now what happens?

I have just bought a new iMac from my Apple Store. I had my old Mac with me and asked about trade in, but the sales girl said they didn’t do trade in at the store and I would have to do it online. She did give me an approximate price for trade in. Not sure what happens now. Does the postage kit arrive swiftly? Also I dont want a credit for another device, I want the credit towards the device I have just bought.

Posted on May 30, 2021 6:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 3:02 AM

FWIW, I may have misspoken. According to Apple's site, trade-ins may be accepted at Apple Retail stores…

Apple Trade In - Apple

I would contact Apple…

https://getsupport.apple.com/

6 replies

Jun 1, 2021 1:54 AM in response to Studio3hair

This is so annoying as we had the old Mac with us when we went to the store and she said they could not do Trade In at the store, so we would have to do it on line. So we bought the new Mac from her at the Store and expected the packing to arrive as she had explained to return the old one. It is a two and a half hour round trip to get there as well!!

Jun 1, 2021 11:43 AM in response to keg55

keg55 wrote:

You were definitely misinformed by the Apple Store employee unless some stores have different procedures.

From the Apple Trade In link…

" In the Apple Store: Offer only available on presentation of a valid photo ID. Value of your current device may be applied toward purchase of a new Apple device. Offer may not be available in all stores. Some stores may have additional requirements."

Apple Trade In - I bought a new Mac and want to trade in my old one, but the store said I had to it online. Now what happens?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.