You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We don't do documents anymore ? Mystery of the missing scroll arrows . . .

Just jumped from Tiger > Catalina. What the heck happened to the (line by line advance) arrows on the scroll column/bar ? ? Molto idiota. I know nobody reads stuff anymore, but really ?!?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 30, 2021 2:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 2:21 PM

Those segmented scrollbar arrows went away well over a decade ago owing to Apple changes in operating system design. There is some scrollbar behavior adjustments in System Preferences > General, but not what you were accustomed too.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 1, 2021 11:54 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for the input -- still, what a bunch of bunk. I thought all these Apple-inspired encumbrances would have gone away with Jobs' passing, but, I see they still have stupie-mouse after all these years.

(by any chance, do you remember what sys it went out with -- I can still run as early as 7 on this 'Pro)

Anyhow, no sense screwing around anymore . . . I'm off to Linux, a sensible .v of Unix.

thanks again, V, for the grit . . .

Dr. t

We don't do documents anymore ? Mystery of the missing scroll arrows . . .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.