You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud storage

I want to turn on iCloud storage for my photos, a message pops on on my phone that says " syncing photos via Finder is not supported when Iclould photos is turned on" " 5000 photos will be removed" What??? Frozen in indecision...

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 10:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 12:00 PM

Those are photos that were synced to your iPhone from a computer.

They should still be on your computer and can be added back to the phone from the computer.

See the information in Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support in the section that begins with:

Any photos or videos you copy to your device through iTunes are not copied in iCloud Photos. To add your original, full resolution versions, follow these steps:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 1, 2021 12:00 PM in response to Animagus

Those are photos that were synced to your iPhone from a computer.

They should still be on your computer and can be added back to the phone from the computer.

See the information in Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support in the section that begins with:

Any photos or videos you copy to your device through iTunes are not copied in iCloud Photos. To add your original, full resolution versions, follow these steps:

icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.