You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

How can I access Apple TV on my Sony Bravia A8G?

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 2:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 11:34 PM

not all tvs support the appletv app read Apple TV app - Devices - Apple

if you want to know more

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

10 replies

Jun 3, 2021 8:39 AM in response to Rudegar

Thanks for responding. It's very frustrating not to be able to watch Apple on a TV that's only 1 year old. I love Apple and they are usually 100% supportive of their customers. So WHY do they make it almost impossible to enjoy a streaming service that you pay for. That does not seem very user-friendly to me. I don't think I'll continue to subscribe.

Jun 3, 2021 3:04 PM in response to RCia

☑︎ You say you have a Sony Bravia A8G. As far as I can tell, that has Android TV for operating system.

☑︎ Just a few days ago, the Apple TV team released the Apple TV app for Android TV. I think that means that all TVs running Android TV software 8.0 and up can now download the Apple TV app on there.

☑︎ Search the Google Play Store on your TV for the Apple TV app.

Not sure how to be more specific than that?

Jun 24, 2021 5:40 PM in response to RCia

I have the Sony Bravia A8G too.

I tried installing Apple TV on it, since it's launched for "all modern Android TV devices", but also get the message that it isn't compatible with my device (with the Sony A8G running Android TV).

Neither Sony or Apple will give me a straight answer about why it's not supported and it's extremely frustrating.

Part of me thinks it's an oversight because Sony and apple had a previous agreement to get the app on some Sony devices, so Apple simply haven't made the "new" app available to Sony devices because in their eyes there already is an Apple TV app for Sony devices... Only it isn't included on all the Sony TVs that run Android TV.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.