You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch stuck on basics after update

Gen 3 watch. Watch iOS is 7.5. Phone iOS is 14.6.

I didn't have any issues with my watch until I had to update the software after installing Spotify (to use offline). So I updated the software and now it is stuck on the basics screen. I have used the reboot feature and power off, but it comes back to the basics screen. I have also paired it several times. At this point I may return the watch to the seller (got it off eBay). I have read some other suggestions, but none seem to work. Randomly it will look to pair and then say it's not paired, but I've paired it several times. Thinking maybe just keeping it next to my phone for a day may help. Thoughts?

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 9:13 AM

Hello, irish77!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have issues connecting your Apple Watch to your iPhone. If you have followed the steps in the article If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone and still have an issue, we would recommend reaching out to Apple directly by checking out this link to Get Support and they will be more than happy to proceed with additional steps.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2021 9:13 AM in response to irish77

Hello, irish77!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have issues connecting your Apple Watch to your iPhone. If you have followed the steps in the article If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone and still have an issue, we would recommend reaching out to Apple directly by checking out this link to Get Support and they will be more than happy to proceed with additional steps.

Take care!

Apple Watch stuck on basics after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.