You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lossless Option not visible in Music Preferences

Hi,

I have updated my mac to BigSur 11.4. After update I tried to opt in for Lossless audio. But when I check Music -> Preferences, I don't find any Audio Quality Section. Pl see the details as below.

Question: Is it available for Mac Pro 2019 Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for the help

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 8:04 PM

Has it been released yet? I don't see any indication. All it says is sometime in June and it is only June 4 now.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/05/apple-music-announces-spatial-audio-and-lossless-audio/

12 replies

Jul 23, 2021 12:15 AM in response to seshagiri48

I spent the last two hours trying to figure this out. There is a simple explanation that I found by clicking the question mark in the window where the lossy/lossless options SHOULD be.

Apple requires that you be a subscriber for $9.99/month for this option to show. This is really a rip-off. If I download a song after paying for it, I should have the option of getting lossless or compressed regardless if I am a monthly subscriber or not. All other music purchasing platforms that I have experienced give the option for a range of lossy and lossless formats without requiring a subcription.

Because I want only lossless music for my work, I will not be downloading from Apple again- it's a shame- not a wise choice on the part of Apple. I really hope they change this unfair and unreasonable situation as doing so helps artists and Apple Corporation and discourages illegal downloads.

Here is the note from Apple discussed above:

Download (Audio Quality)

Choose the option that works best with your computer, headphones, or connected speakers when playing downloaded songs.

Note: This option appears if you’re signed in as a subscriber to Apple Music.

Jun 11, 2021 9:33 PM in response to devarsh145

Just wait for apple to roll out lossless streaming in India and it will be available soon in few days. There can be delay due to server problem. Meanwhile, you can enjoy spatial audio which is now available in India. Go to Music > Search > Type "Spatial audio"; you will notice a category named as spatial audio and classical in spatial audio, you can listen to new songs by artists such as The Weekend, Ariana Grande's Positions and Cold Play's Higher Power under the spatial audio category. This will work out in all apple devices as well as in android devices too installed with Apple Music. Hope I am able to help you out to some extent.

Lossless Option not visible in Music Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.