You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload a photo from my Photos app to Instagram?

How do I upload a photo from mu Photos app to Instagram?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 5:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 12:17 PM

You need to "trick" Instagram into thinking you're using an iPhone. That's done with something called a "user agent".

Open Safari.

Go to Safari -> Preferences -> check "Show Develop menu in menu bar".

Go to Instagram.com

Go to Safari -> Develop -> User Agent -> Safari iPhone.

Your webpage will reformat to a large version of what the iPhone screen would look like. It is not permanent, and is only for the open Safari page.

Click the '+' sign to add a photo.

Note: You can't add the photo directly from your Photos app. You'll have to drag the photo somewhere else (like your Mac Desktop) and attach it to Instagram from there.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2021 12:17 PM in response to TonyCollinet

You need to "trick" Instagram into thinking you're using an iPhone. That's done with something called a "user agent".

Open Safari.

Go to Safari -> Preferences -> check "Show Develop menu in menu bar".

Go to Instagram.com

Go to Safari -> Develop -> User Agent -> Safari iPhone.

Your webpage will reformat to a large version of what the iPhone screen would look like. It is not permanent, and is only for the open Safari page.

Click the '+' sign to add a photo.

Note: You can't add the photo directly from your Photos app. You'll have to drag the photo somewhere else (like your Mac Desktop) and attach it to Instagram from there.

How do I upload a photo from my Photos app to Instagram?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.