You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Photos in Library

I took hundreds of photos on a trip with my iPhone.

Can I export photos so that they include the location and date without having to change all of them manually in the info?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 6:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 11:17 AM

Export from where to where? iPhone's automatically will include the location and capture date in the EXIF metadata fields for each photo. The library will display a mini map in the Info pane along with the date.

If you're exporting out of the library the EXIF metadata will be retained (there are problems with the IPTC metadata, i.e. keywords, titles and descriptions with the current Photos version).

If you export the original file out of the library and select the subfolder option

you'll get photos in folders based on the date and location like this:

If it's important to include all of the EXIF and IPTC metadata in the files currently the only format to use is .png.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2021 11:17 AM in response to bydesignmn

Export from where to where? iPhone's automatically will include the location and capture date in the EXIF metadata fields for each photo. The library will display a mini map in the Info pane along with the date.

If you're exporting out of the library the EXIF metadata will be retained (there are problems with the IPTC metadata, i.e. keywords, titles and descriptions with the current Photos version).

If you export the original file out of the library and select the subfolder option

you'll get photos in folders based on the date and location like this:

If it's important to include all of the EXIF and IPTC metadata in the files currently the only format to use is .png.

Using Photos in Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.