You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

McAfee

I need to uninstall McAfee. My internet provider prompted me to download it for free as part of my internet service. I wish I had never clicked it. It never finished setting up because once I clicked it, I realized I shouldn't have. Every few minutes I am getting McAfee pop ups and alerts, while at the same time it asks me to click ok to "continue your setup" to install. I have clicked "ok" 1,000 times, because there is no option to X it out or close, or even throw in trash. It never ends. It keeps interupting my "system services" and my "privacy and security." These boxes keep popping up while I am trying to do my college coursework online. Please help.

I can't figure out how to TRASH any McAfee applications...it says I cannot throw in trash because it is open. How do I close it? IT IS A MACBOOK PRO / macOS Big Sur 11.3.1

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 4:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 4:23 AM

Would suggest Contacting the Developer of the Application for the Specific Instructions to remove their Application.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB61125

1 reply

McAfee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.