You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen brightness

My wife and i have the exact same phone (iPhone max 12pro. In sunlight, mine goes so dark i can barely see it. Hers is normal. I have verified all settings are the same. Brightness, white point, etc.

what else can i do? It is unusable in bright daylight.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 11:23 AM

Have you tried turning the brightness up manually from control centre or settings?

If so the only real explanation is heat.

When your phone gets excessively hot (which can happen when outside in the sun) iOS automatically dims the screen brightness to prevent overheating - even if you toggle it all the way to the top in control centre.

Is there a difference in brightness when inside too?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2021 11:23 AM in response to solon48

Have you tried turning the brightness up manually from control centre or settings?

If so the only real explanation is heat.

When your phone gets excessively hot (which can happen when outside in the sun) iOS automatically dims the screen brightness to prevent overheating - even if you toggle it all the way to the top in control centre.

Is there a difference in brightness when inside too?

Jun 21, 2021 5:43 PM in response to Apple_Tricks

I have the same problem on my Iphone SE and I have the update.

I see it happen when I have google maps on driving and I can't see the map it gets to dark. So what I do it cover up the front little hole ( the hole that you use to face time with) thats the senor. I cover it with a black paper and the screen stays bright all the time.

It works.

I have auto brightness off and it used to change on its own. I think Apple should fix this. At times we need are phone bright in sun to see are screens

FIX IT. WE pay good money for this phones.

Screen brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.