You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music, Identifying Lossless Songs & Albums

It’s my understanding that as of today approximately 20 million lossless songs are now available from Apple Music. Using the Music App on macOS 11.4, how do I identify the lossless music that’s now available?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 5:20 PM

3 replies

Jun 8, 2021 1:25 PM in response to melissa_m77

Thanks for your reply Melissa, I’ve seen that article and used it to make sure my Mac (and other Apple devices) were setup properly for Lossless Apple Music. What I’d like to know is how to identify when I’m viewing a song or album whether it’s lossless or not. I’d further like to know if it’s possible to search for lossless music, for instance if I wanted to create a playlist with only lossless songs. Thanks again for your help.

Jun 8, 2021 12:34 PM in response to A07570

Hi  A07570, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

We see from your post that you would like more information about lossless songs in Apple Music. We want to help. Here's more information on how to listen to lossless on your Mac including frequently asked questions: About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Best Regards!

Apple Music, Identifying Lossless Songs & Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.