You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud Photos and storage space

So my phone says I have 20GB of photo storage on my phone but I only have 103 photos, and 195 videos and before I had 1000+ photos and it didn’t take this much storage how can I fix this?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 6:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 1:09 PM

Hi Otoniel57,

We understand that with less photos and videos, photo storage is taking up more space. Have you recently deleted some photos? If so, some of them may be in the Recently Deleted album.

If you would like to permanently delete those photos, open Photos > tap the Albums tab > tap the Recently Deleted album > tap Select > tap Delete All or select the ones you want to permanently delete > tap Delete again. Any photos that are in the Recently Deleted album, will automatically delete in 30 days.

If you're still seeing photos taking up large amount of storage, review this article: Manage your photo and video storage

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2021 1:09 PM in response to Otoniel57

Hi Otoniel57,

We understand that with less photos and videos, photo storage is taking up more space. Have you recently deleted some photos? If so, some of them may be in the Recently Deleted album.

If you would like to permanently delete those photos, open Photos > tap the Albums tab > tap the Recently Deleted album > tap Select > tap Delete All or select the ones you want to permanently delete > tap Delete again. Any photos that are in the Recently Deleted album, will automatically delete in 30 days.

If you're still seeing photos taking up large amount of storage, review this article: Manage your photo and video storage

Take care.

Jun 11, 2021 12:16 PM in response to Otoniel57

Hey Otoniel57,

Do you have iCloud Photos enabled? You can check by going to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos? If it is on, tap Manage Storage, locate Photos in the list, and let us know the amount that is showing there. We'd like to compare in order to see if there is a difference between iCloud Storage and Phone storage.

Also, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, and let us know if "Optimize iPhone Storage" is enabled.

Take care.

Icloud Photos and storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.