You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find Audio Quality options for Lossless

I don't see the Audio Quality options in the places listed above on a 2019 MacBook Pro with 11.4 and an iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 14.6. What am I missing?

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 6:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 7:06 PM

Are you using Apple Music subscription, or do you just have music from your iTunes library on the phone and Mac? I do not use Apple Music and do not see the setting on either my MBA or my iPhone 12 Pro.

7 replies

Jun 7, 2021 7:52 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Who knows? I'm also wondering how this is going to work. From my research, most, if not all Bluetooth headphones out there, including AirPods Max and Pro, are not capable of playing lossless audio. Headphones will required a DAC, which is an expensive proposition. And to be honest, most people won't be able to hear the difference anyway,

Can't find Audio Quality options for Lossless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.