You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeps reconnecting to ejected SMB drive

I've got a MBP running Big Sur. Last week, I connected to a couple of servers at work through VPN ans using SMB since they're MS Server shares. Something I do all the time.

I don't know what happened but now, it's asking to be connected to those servers all the time. I can eject the drives but they come back. If I try ejecting them and reboot before they connect, they ask to connect as soon as I log in.

If I don't connect the VPN and then the servers, it keeps prompting me.

I'm pretty Mac savvy and I've tried all the basic things. I Googled the issue and tried what was suggested but it didn't work for me.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 11:11 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 8, 2021 5:43 PM in response to Rick_Meredith

Hello Rick_Meredith,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, after disconnecting from a shared network drive, you're constantly being prompted to connect again. If that's right, let's help to narrow this down a bit by seeing if the same thing happens in another user account. This will help to know if the issue is system-wide or only with your user account. Just in case, here's a guide on creating that account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

You'll also want to reach out to your IT team to have them make sure there were no setting changes, and that all is set correctly. Keep us posted.

Take care.

Jun 8, 2021 7:32 PM in response to Rick_Meredith

Rick,

That's really good to know as it tells us the issue is within your user account, and could be related to either a setting or possibly a login item. Be sure to definitely reach out to the IT Team to have them double-check settings. To test your login items, these steps will help: Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

Keeps reconnecting to ejected SMB drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.