You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Reset

Hi,

I’ve got an iPad Air 2 from when I used to use it when I was younger on an Apple ID which I recently changed the email of for my newer Apple products. I am trying to factory reset it as I no longer need it but the IPad is registered to my old email for the Apple ID and I can’t change it to my new one. So when I go to reset it, I enter the password (which is correct) but I’m entering it for the old email. So I can’t update it to the new email even though it’s the same ID. Would there be a way to reset the iPad? We can’t reset it without signing into the old email even though a new email is in place for the Apple ID. I don’t have access to the old email but it won’t let us sign into the old email anyway as it’s changed to my new email for my new devises, so it’s a bit of a loop. The iPad is stuck on the old email so we can’t login and reset it.

Hope this makes sense and you can help.

Thanks

Matthew Payne

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:44 AM

Having changed the primary email address that identifies your AppleID account, there are necessary actions that must be performed on each device that is signed-in to iCloud and other Apple Services.

This support page may be prove to be helpful:

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2021 6:44 AM in response to mlpy98

Having changed the primary email address that identifies your AppleID account, there are necessary actions that must be performed on each device that is signed-in to iCloud and other Apple Services.

This support page may be prove to be helpful:

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

iPad Reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.