You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro Line skip text (WHYyyyyyYY)

Was hoping someone knew why this was occurring: Picture 1 you can see i have the text in the text box the way i want, and no space in the actual text ontop of my clip. Picture 2, as soon as i press space to try and type more, the text on top of the clip skips a line, even though nothings changed in the actual text box.

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 5:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:25 PM

That behavior is peculiar to that specific font: STIX IntegralsD.

STIX IntegralsD has NO regular CHARACTERS in the font (like "ABCDE...abcde...") only Math symbols and their Line Height is quite high, so when you add a newline, the font height is readjusted to the actual character set's typographical Ascent + Descent .

(This is the entire "character set" of the STIX IntegralsD font)

You can either: 1) select your entire text and adjust the Line Spacing (negatively) or I would recommend you switch fonts to Helvetica Neue (which is probably what the OS is substituting for the missing characters, anyway [I'm 99.99% sure of that].)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2021 6:25 PM in response to Tymbo

That behavior is peculiar to that specific font: STIX IntegralsD.

STIX IntegralsD has NO regular CHARACTERS in the font (like "ABCDE...abcde...") only Math symbols and their Line Height is quite high, so when you add a newline, the font height is readjusted to the actual character set's typographical Ascent + Descent .

(This is the entire "character set" of the STIX IntegralsD font)

You can either: 1) select your entire text and adjust the Line Spacing (negatively) or I would recommend you switch fonts to Helvetica Neue (which is probably what the OS is substituting for the missing characters, anyway [I'm 99.99% sure of that].)

Final Cut Pro Line skip text (WHYyyyyyYY)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.