You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set a default email for Contacts for sending email from Contacts

Most of the posts here are from the iPhone and iPad perspective and going into "Settings"

I have a number of email accounts but one main one. When in Contacts if I send an email from a contact's page, the email that Contacts generates has send email address that I don't want.

How do I set up my Mac preferences with an email default?

Thx,

Steven

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 5:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 5:34 PM

Mail>Preferences>Composing, about in the middle under Addressing... Send new mail from... mine is set from Auto, which used to be called account of last used Mailbox, but can be set to a certain one.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 9, 2021 7:16 PM in response to BDAqua

I've been an avid Mac user from Toaster days in 1985 and I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know this. To be fare to myself, I rarely have looked up a contact and invoked an email from there. I usually as in next to always, just type the name in a new email from Mail and done. Lemme give myself a break. At least I didn't call AppleCare :D Thanks BD

How to set a default email for Contacts for sending email from Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.