You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having problems exporting to YouTube only on iMovie after last update

why is it that I got the new update and the export to YouTube only button Is gone. now its YouTube and Facebook. Before it would upload without issues straight to my YouTube Studio. now I have to save it to my documents then go into YouTube Studio and upload it off my documents. which then makes it a hassle and takes up my storage. I'm having issues with time of upload and processing time that I never had to deal with before. It would upload 1080p right off the bat, now it uploads 380 then has to process the HD. WHY???? Turn it back to the way it was. This is too much of a hassle

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 10:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 12:30 AM

This is a consumer forum for iMovie users like yourself. We have no involvement in Apple's decisions or designs regarding its software. You can provide feedback to Apple at this link:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/imovie.html

EDIT: As a further note, iMovie's job is to produce a Mp4 or .mov file in accordance with the user's selected export options. So, as long as you have selected the export options that comply with You Tube's requirements, any issues regarding uploading to You Tube would be that of Tube, not of iMovie.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2021 12:30 AM in response to lauryn208

This is a consumer forum for iMovie users like yourself. We have no involvement in Apple's decisions or designs regarding its software. You can provide feedback to Apple at this link:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/imovie.html

EDIT: As a further note, iMovie's job is to produce a Mp4 or .mov file in accordance with the user's selected export options. So, as long as you have selected the export options that comply with You Tube's requirements, any issues regarding uploading to You Tube would be that of Tube, not of iMovie.

-- Rich

having problems exporting to YouTube only on iMovie after last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.