You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create a form connected to spreadsheet

I want to go totally with apple and cancel my google one. So issue number one is being able to create a fillable form for my customers to complete, which in turn is input to a numbers spreadsheet. I am wondering if this is possible?

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 4:31 PM

6 replies

Jun 12, 2021 6:17 AM in response to SGIII

Interesting that Apple falsely advertises this https://www.apple.com/numbers/features/ at said link states "Forms. Reimagined.

With newly redesigned forms, it's never been easier to create and customize a form. Simply provide input to a single row in Numbers for iPadOS by adding a form to any table or using the new Basic form template. And with collaboration support, everyone on your team can contribute to the same form."

Jun 12, 2021 8:00 AM in response to Walkermomma66

Walkermomma66 wrote:

I tried to simulate the instructions found to use forms in iOS. What occurred: There is no form function available.

Numbers for iOS definitely has forms that work well for data entry on small screens. Maybe this will help...

https://support.apple.com/guide/numbers-ipad/enter-data-using-forms-tan66fd732f9/ipados

For the Mac you have a variety of business-oriented software that offer forms for data entry. This feature is more common for "database" applications than for spreadsheets. If FileMaker is beyond your budget then check out TapForms, Ninox and others.

SG

Jun 11, 2021 9:44 PM in response to Walkermomma66

It is possible to use a script to simulate a form in Numbers for the Mac to facility data entry, as demonstrated here.

However, my impression is that Excel and Google Sheets are more geared to business use than is Numbers. Numbers is an excellent choice for personal projects and business projects that do not require extensive collaboration (though simple collaboration is supported.)

So, depending on what you are doing, and provided you are not concerned about privacy issues, Google Sheets may fit your needs better than Numbers.

SG

Create a form connected to spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.